Welcome
Welcome to cosmicforge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Changes aren't taking in W7

Report bugs here, please

Changes aren't taking in W7

Postby LKR » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:50 pm

I used cosmicforge in W6 without issue. I moved my party over to W7, downloaded the W7 part of cosmicforge. It comes up just fine, I changed the path to the DSAVANT file, and applied the patches, but when I go into W7, they don't show up.

I am using Steam (offline). I don't remember doing anything to get it to work in W6, but maybe I forgot something.

So far I have tried: going online and rebooting the machine after making the changes.

Thank you for all the work you do!
LKR

Re: Changes aren't taking in W7

Postby madgod » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:57 am

I didn't get what does "downloaded W7 part for cosmicforge" mean...
CF is a monolith - one program works for W6, W7 and W8.

Also what does 'patches don't show up' mean? Patches aren't really visible in-game - they just change how the game works. Most of them. There are some visual improvements though.

If patches are applied successfully, then it should just work.
Send me the archived folder of your W7 game.
When archiving it, it is better to supply a password, so the e-mail service does not parse it and find an exe file inside.
Let me know if you can do it.

Otherwise I suppose you can google for 'how to archive a folder with password protection'...
madgod
Site Admin

Return to Bugs