Welcome
Welcome to cosmicforge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

WAI?

Here goes everything that annoy you while you try using the Editor.

WAI?

Postby SirChasm » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:06 am

Newest version crashes when I try to access the patches menu with WizGold. Is this a result of discontinued support? If so, is there a location where I could download an earlier version? Despite all its quirkiness, I actually prefer the Gold version. The smoother graphics, interface, and auto-mapping are pluses, but it's the audio that gets me. Thanks!
SirChasm

Re: WAI?

Postby madgod » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:09 pm

Yes, release version is freezing for me on one of WizGold installations.
It works on GOG's version.
Try finding GOG's version?
madgod
Site Admin

Postby SirChasm » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Ok, good to have confirmation that it's not just me. Currently running the Ultimate RPG Archive version, but if it works with GOG I'm sure I can dig up a copy. Thanks again.

Edit: Having same issue with GOG version. Apparently it really wants me to break out the DOSbox.
SirChasm

Postby madgod » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 am

Seems like the game's version does not matter.
When the "Data Files sharing" patch is not applied then it looks like going into an infinite loop or something.
Now I've got to fix it. :)
madgod
Site Admin

Postby madgod » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:05 am

Found the problem.
Will probably upload 4.22 tonight.
But I suggest reconsidering playing Gold version.
For DOS version CF can do so much more. Just install the DOS version (GOG's works fine) and run CF. Check out how many patches are available. :) You characters will have new cool features, monsters will have few of them too and they will become a bit smarter (just a bit) in combat to make it more interesting.
Also the Save File Viewer can attach to the running game now and display the current state of the party, world, the map (according to your best map skill and even better!) and even the combat!
The whole new experience compared to the bland Gold version.
Your choice. :)
madgod
Site Admin

Postby madgod » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:58 pm

Fixed. Version didn't change. Just download the editor again.
madgod
Site Admin

Postby SirChasm » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:07 pm

"Now I've got to fix it."
The thinking man's curse, no problem can go unsolved. :)

I actually have the DOS version installed as well, was not aware of all the viewing options. Mainly I've been using the bugfixes and stat roll patch, and editing in a couple of chests with import only items. The audio isn't as much of an issue on my laptop, usually I'm playing somewhere I can't hear it anyways, maybe I'll give the DOS version another go there.

WizGold was actually my first introduction to the series, so I'm a bit biased on that end.

Redownloaded, working pefectly now. Cheers!
SirChasm

Return to Annoying Editor's Behaviour